We’d love to welcome each and every one to our lovely chalet up in the mountains. However, the chalet is on a mountainside, at an altitude of 1,200m, in snow country. It is not a conventional accommodation. Please read the following carefully. In making a booking, you acknowledge these conditions:
- There is no access to emergency services at the chalet. You retain liability for the health and safety of your party while at, or travelling between the village and, the chalet. Consider carefully the physical health and needs of all your party, especially children and older guests.
- This is lodge-style accommodation. Meals or housekeeping services during your stay are not provided. You will need to stock up on supplies before heading up to the chalet. While we provide full housekeeping before and after your stay, please leave the chalet in the state you found it. Groceries can be purchased from the supermarket next to Iiyama station (recommended) or the small supermarket in Nozawa close to the check-in location (Address Nozawa).
We can do a shopping run for you and stock up the chalet before your arrival, on request. Please advise us a week in advance. This costs JPY10,000, plus the cost of the groceries. Delivery is between 5pm and 6pm. For our staff’s safety, we cannot run this service in extreme weather. Please therefore allow for 12 hours’ variability.
- The only way up to the chalet is via the Hikage gondola. The last gondola up is at 3:30pm (4:00pm later in the season). The only way down is also via gondola or ski/snowboard. Note that the ski resort does not allow guests on the slopes outside lift operating hours (for safety reasons, as the slopes are then open to grooming machines).
- The chalet is about 500m from the gondola station across a snowfield. Ideally you traverse the snowfield on skis or a snowboard; with notice we can lend you snowshoes. We do not recommend walking in regular shoes or boots.
- We do not allow you to carry suitcases or hand-held luggage, to the chalet; you must pack your luggage in backpacks or kitbags that allow you to walk, ski, or board, with your hands free. This is a safety requirement. You may leave suitcases at Address Nozawa (where check-in is done) and repack what you need into your backpacks or kitbags. If you want to bring suitcases or other hand-held luggage, we will deliver and collect your luggage for a fee (see below).
- Luggage delivery is available between 5pm-6pm. We collect the luggage from, and drop it off, at Address Nozawa. Each delivery or drop-off costs JPY5,000.
For our staff’s safety, we cannot run this service in extreme weather. Please therefore allow for 12 hours’ variability.
- We will do your check-in and check-out at the front desk of Address Nozawa. However we need to make sure someone is on-site at the chalet when you first arrive, and leave. Please commit to your check-in time at least 48 hours in advance, and advise us. Remember that you will need to check-in at least 45 minutes before the last gondola leaves. We recommend a late morning check-in.
- At this altitude in snow country, weather can be extreme and unpredictable. Please leave flexibility in your travel schedule such that if you are delayed from arriving at or leaving the chalet, your travel plans are not inconvenienced. We suggest building in 12 hours of leeway.